Serra da Mantiqueira, Joanópolis
The Ecoa spiritual retreat house presents a unique experience to transform the being from its connection with mother earth. In three days you will be hosted in a safe and harmonious environment, ideal for the self-knowledge treatment that will help you to expand your consciousness and improve your quality of life.
In addition to the transformation experience, the retreat includes accommodation in rooms and suites and an ovo-lacto-vegetarian diet. The farm is located 120 km from Sao Paulo and transportation is available for visitors who require it. 5% of the proceeds from the retreats are donated to indigenous communities.
The Spirit Vine retreat center is dedicated to the needs of people who feel the call to connect their essence at deep levels, each person is guided to find their balance and re-establish the connection with the higher self.
In an environment with beautiful gardens and close to the Atlantic rainforest, the 9 and 11 day retreats include Ayahuasca ceremonies, yoga classes, spiritual workshops, comfortable and modern accommodations and a healthy vegan diet.
The Ayahuasca Institute is conformed by Antihos students and they have a millenary experience in the use of the sacred plant and in their retreat they practice meditation, astral travel and meditation with Ayahuasca.
Rituals are on Sundays at 10:00 am and focus on developing clairvoyance, clairaudience, intuition and telepathy.
The operator Shodana offers a 7-day retreat with yoga classes, meditation, reiki massage, vegetarian meals and Ayahuasca ceremony. Besides the possibility of sightseeing on the beaches and islands of Búzios.
Spacio Buzios features a 6-day retreat under the guidance of shaman couple Damodara and Chandra, who will lead attendees to a deep connection with higher intelligence and knowledge of the inner self by performing an Ayahuasca ceremony in a setting of natural beauty on the coast.
In addition to the Ayahuasca ceremony, the package includes sightseeing on the beaches of Búzios, Yoga practices and vegetarian meals.
Aldeia da Vida, Camaragibe
The Existir Project is a retreat focused on human development in which the development of the self is deepened with experiences at a spiritual level. With three days of duration, the participants move to a place surrounded by nature with forests and rivers where the ceremony of Ayahuasca Consecration is performed, which allows visions for the purpose of feelings and experiences.
The retreat is led by psychoanalyst and therapist Claudia Castro, and includes the Ritual of Purpose, talks and meetings on shamanism, music experiences, dance and the Ayahuasca ceremony.
The Mariri Festival is a tradition of the Yawanawá people that celebrates the spiritual rebirth, shows the union and religiosity of this indigenous Brazilian people through their joy, art and customs.
Visitors from the region and abroad attend the festival to share during the week-long experience with Ayahuasca, Rapé and frog vaccine. The Yawanawá have been open to sharing their traditions in order to make their people visible and with the profits from tourism create a source of income to support their needs.
Juquitiba, Sao Paulo
Terra Luminous Institute presents its Shipibo retreat with medicines from the forest and under the guidance of the healer Curim Suy that will help you heal and purify your body, mind, spirit and emotions.
The 4-day retreat includes 2 Ayahuasca ceremonies, personalized attention with the shaman, sound healing, nature experience, natural food and lodging. They also have a translator for foreign visitors.
Vila Clarise, Sao Paulo
Located northwest of Sao Paulo, the Jiboia Sagrada Ayahuasca Center performs ceremonies for the inhabitants of Brazil’s largest city. The benefits of the retreat in the city are to transform consciousness, open capacities and be more aware of the day to day.
This retreat is guided by the couple Paulo Lopes and Maria Pereira, certified therapists who currently serve up to 150 people per night.
Mogi das Cruzes, Sao Paulo
The Centro Naturaleza Interior, led by the couple Rosan and Maria Coutinho, is dedicated to promoting Ayahuasca rituals to the people of the city. They also add to the master plant therapies the practice of reiki. The therapists are committed to perform the ceremonies in the city without the need to travel to the jungle or away from home and work.
Itapecirica da Serra, Sao Paulo
Pierre Stoker’s group Mestre Interior specializes in sound healing retreats with Ayahuasca in the metropolitan area of Sao Paulo. They specialize in the treatment of drug addiction and depressive problems.
These retreats are characterized by the use of sounds and music to carry out the therapies. Through sound, the connection with the essence of being is facilitated and helps the expansion of consciousness by connecting matter with the vibration and rhythm of the music.
- ECOA withdrawal. (nd). ECOA WITHDRAWAL. Retrieved June 3, 2022, from https://www.retiroespiritualecoa.com.br/retiro-espiritual-ecoa-sao-paulo
- Ayahuasca Retreats for spiritual development. (2017, August 17). Spirit Vine Ayahuasca Retreat Center. https://spiritvineretreats.com/
- Retreat in Buzios Brazil yoga, beach, healthy food, walks. (2019, December 26). Shodana Yoga Retreat. https://shodana.cl/retiro-yoga-buzios-brasil/
- de Pernambuco, D. (2021, January 5). Em meio � crise, retiro fortalece viv�ncias espirituais e saberes tradicionais, na Regi�o Metropolitana. Pernambuco Journal. https://www.diariodepernambuco.com.br/noticia/vidaurbana/2021/01/em-meio-a-crise-retiro-fortalece-vivencias-espirituais-e-saberes-trad.html
- Di Bella, G. (2020, February 5). Cerimônias com ayahuasca levam xamanismo indígena à metropole. National Geographic. https://www.nationalgeographicbrasil.com/cultura/2020/02/cerimonias-com-ayahuasca-levam-xamanismo-indigena-metropole
- Shipibo retreat with medicines from Floresta. (2018, January 16). Terra Luminous Institute. https://terraluminous.eco.br/evento/retiro-shipibo-com-medicinas-da-floresta/
- Povo Yawanawá celebrates spiritual rebirth during Mariri festival in BC. (2019, August 19). G1. https://g1.globo.com/ac/acre/noticia/2019/08/20/povo-yawanawa-celebra-renascimento-espiritual-durante-festival-mariri-no-ac.ghtml
- Ayahuasca Institute. (nd). Org.Br. Retrieved June 3, 2022, from https://www.institutoayahuasca.org.br/
Gerson Alvarado, Comunicador Social egresado de la ULA Táchira, Venezuela. Actualmente desempeñando funciones de Comunicador y Reportero Audiovisual. Fotógrafo, Músico y Ciclista. Apasionado por captar imágenes de paisajes y documentar historias.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)